Faculty Senate ILC Committee Meeting
- To maximize the exposure of students to a diversity of proficiencies in the General Education courses.
- To review, approve, conditionally approve, or deny course proposals submitted by educational units to be added to the Integrative Learning Core (ILC) list of approved courses.
- To maintain long-term oversight of the quality and effectiveness of the ILC, including collection of assessment data to ensure the program fulfills the goal of enhancing proficiencies of LSU students.
- To make recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs concerning student petitions for exceptions to the published ILC requirements, including course substitutions.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of individual courses in fulfilling the goals of general education with sending of ILC evaluations and recommendations through the Faculty Senate Executive Committee to Office of Academic Affairs by following published procedures for review of courses.
- To interpret and clarify the philosophy and goals of general education and integrated learning, to keeping abreast of similar programs nationwide, to review periodically reviewing the existing requirements, and to recommend restructuring, when appropriate.
- To coordinate with the Office of Academic Affairs, appropriate college advisors, and counseling faculty that students are adequately informed about ILC requirements.
- To direct, as needed or as requested, surveys of the educational units, including deans, directors, and department chairs to determine the impact of the ILC requirements on areas such as academic programs, facilities, and faculty and staff scheduling. Identified problems will be provided by the committee to the Executive Vice President and Provost.
Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 2:00pm
Academic Affairs Conference Room, 135F Thomas Boyd Hall